Terms & Conditions
This hub is operated by Market & Opinion Research International Limited, trading as “Ipsos MORI”. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 948470 and have our registered office at 3 Thomas More Square, London, E1W 1YW, United Kingdom.
By submitting your details and applying to join this hub, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions of membership. Please ensure you read these before joining.
- About the NHS staff feedback hub
- Changes to these terms and conditions
- Membership of the NHS staff feedback hub
- Use of your personal data
- Leaving the Hub and cancellation of membership
- Acceptable content and behaviour
- Hub content generated, submitted or made available by or to members
- Participation by children
- Links to other websites
- Ipsos MORI Proprietary rights and Copyright:
- Limitation of liability
About the NHS staff feedback hub
Ipsos MORI has established this hub on behalf of NHS England and NHS Improvement in order to provide a space where healthcare professionals can share and discuss their experiences of working during these extremely challenging times. The feedback provided by members will form part of a weekly report which is shared directly with the NHS England and NHS Improvement Team.
Changes to these terms and conditions
- These Terms and Conditions are effective from the 1stApril 2020.
- Ipsos MORI reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions of Membership at any time. We will inform you of any updates via this page and via email.
Membership of the NHS staff feedback hub
- Membership of the hub is open to those currently working in the NHS in England.
- Membership of the hub is not open to the wider public, including members of the media, employees of Ipsos Group or employees of Ipsos clients and business partners.
- Please note that we reserve the right to decline any application for membership, without giving a reason.
- On joining, you will be asked to enter a username that will be displayed whenever you participate in this hub. You may also upload an avatar image should you wish to do so. Please ensure that both your username and image allow you to remain anonymous. No one outside the Ipsos MORI admin team will be able to see your email address or name.
- We may refuse to grant you, and you may not use, a screen name or email address that is already being used by someone else, that impersonates another person, that belongs to another person (without that person’s prior consent), that violates the intellectual property or other rights of any person, that is vulgar or otherwise offensive, or that we reject for any other reason, at our sole discretion.
Use of your personal data
- We will use your personal information for the purpose of granting you access to the site and to invite you to take part in surveys, focus groups, discussion hubs and other research activities – both online and offline.
- As this hub is being used for research purposes, in addition to your name and contact details, we will also ask you to provide other information about yourself and your role in order to understand the profile of our membership for research analysis purposes. This information is necessary so we can group and analyse survey results by characteristics such as professional role, geographical region and years’ experience, for example.
Leaving the hub and cancellation of membership
- You have the right to withdraw from the NHS staff feedback hub at any time, and can do so by sending an email to UK-NHSstafffeedbackhub@ipsos-mori.com.
- Ipsos MORI also reserves the right to withdraw membership of inactive members and any members breaching these terms and conditions.
Acceptable content and behaviour
Ipsos MORI want all members to be able to participate in this hub safely and with respect for their views and opinions. By joining this hub , you understand that all opinions, information, data, text, messages, pictures or any other materials posted, are the sole responsibility of the person generating or posting the content.
You agree that you will not use your membership to post or make available to the hub or its members:
- Content that specifically mentioned your workplace, individual colleagues or patients.
- Content that is illegal. Including content or any messages that promotes or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit or encourage others to commit them. This includes any message that solicits or promotes the use of an illegal substance.
- Content that is abusive, vulgar, obscene or hateful. This includes language, information, or images. Masked vulgarity, obscenity or profanity (e.g. “f*ck”) is deemed to be equivalent to including the actual objectionable word, phrase or symbol in your post, message or otherwise in the Community.
- Content that is threatening, harassing, libellous or defamatory either between hub members or directed towards an Ipsos moderator, hub manager or other employee.
- “Rants,” “slams,” or threats of any nature against Ipsos MORI or another company or competitor.
- Bigoted, racially, or ethnically offensive comments.
- Political or religious statements or commentary (unless within the scope of the topic area of a message board as determined by Ipsos at its sole discretion).
- Sexually oriented content (unless within the scope of the topic area of a message board as determined by Ipsos at its sole discretion).
- Discussions regarding active UK court cases.
- Off-topic comments not related to enterprise communities or the Ipsos platform.
- Unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation including chain letters, pyramid schemes, class action suits, charitable appeals, “junk mail”, or “spam”. This includes advertising links in signatures.
- Any file or link to a file that contains viruses, corrupted files, “Trojan Horses,” or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Duplicate posts, spam messages, or posts repeated excessively on one or more boards.
- Messages designed to evade profanity or other filters.
- Information about private or personal matters about other people, or personal phone numbers, addresses or other personal contact details of yours or other people (to protect privacy).
- Knowingly upload or otherwise submit any Content that breaches the rights of any third parties.
- Hyperlinks that lead to sites that violate these acceptable use guidelines.
- Any message that impersonates another person or affiliation with an entity, including but not limited to Ipsos.
- Use the hub to intentionally violate any other applicable law, regulation, contractual or similar relationships (such as by posting inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements) while accessing and using our site.
- Interfere in any way with the operations in the hub or with a fellow user’s message box, including but not limited to mail or “post” bombing, news bombing, other flooding techniques, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks, or attempts to avoid messaging blocking.
- Evade bans or suspensions or otherwise disregard directions from hub moderators or administrators.
You also agree to NOT use the hub to:
- Harm children or young people in any way;
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an Ipsos official, Community moderator, leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the hub;
- Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to “scroll” faster than other users of the hub are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges;
- Interfere with or disrupt the hub or servers or networks connected to the hub, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the hub;
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, provincial, state, national or international law;
- “Stalk” or otherwise harass another;
- Collect or store personal data about other users.
It is important to note that Ipsos MORI does not pre-screen Content before it’s posted to the hub. However, Ipsos MORI reserves the right (without any obligation) at their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is posted via the hub.
NHS staff feedback hub content generated, submitted or made available by or to members:
- The content found in our hub comes from a variety of sources, primarily from hub members. Your contribution of any content to this hub, including any use of the functionality Ipsos MORI provides to help you create new content, for example the “co-create” function to create pictures and designs, or to submit Content as part of a contest, is completely voluntary. Ipsos MORI makes no claims or representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or truth of any material submitted or found in the discussion areas.
- Ipsos MORI is not liable for any website links posted within the discussion areas as these may link to sites not administered or under the control of Ipsos MORI. You open any such links at your own risk and Ipsos MORI accept no responsibility for any errors, delays, content or damage caused to your computing equipment that may be caused by following any links.
- Please remember that you are responsible for your own decisions to act upon the information provided by hub members. Ipsos makes no guaranty of the confidentiality or privacy of any communication or information transmitted on the site, [or any web-site linked to the site,] or otherwise in connection with the services and Ipsos MORI will not be liable for the privacy of any e-mail addresses or other information that is that is publicly posted within the hub.
- You also agree that by uploading, publishing, creating or submitting any content to or through the hub, you grant Ipsos MORI full rights to use and distribute that content. In legal terms this means you grant Ipsos MORI a full worldwide, royalty-free, transferable and irrevocable license to use, copy, reproduce, modify, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, perform and exploit such Content for any commercial purposes whatsoever and in any manner that they see fit. This means you waive any rights you may you may have had in respect of the use to be made of the Content under this agreement to which you may now or at any future time be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 or under any similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
- You acknowledge and agree that Ipsos MORI may preserve Content and may also disclose Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the Terms and Conditions; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties or breaches applicable law; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Ipsos, its Clients, Community users and the public.
Participation by children
Participation in this hub is only open to individuals aged 17 or over. For Communities aimed at children, we will always seek consent from a parent, legal guardian or other person legally responsible for the child, before inviting them to join the Community or take part in our research.
Links to other websites
- The hub site may contain links to other web sites or online resources. Because Ipsos MORI has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Ipsos is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources. Ipsos MORI does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources.
- You further acknowledge and agree that Ipsos shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
You understand that cookies must be enabled on your computer in order to access and participate in the hub site. A cookie is a small bit of information that is stored in a user’s browser, often just a code that contains the server name and a generated string of unique text and numbers
To participate in this hub , you also understand that you must have the following software installed and/or enabled:
- Flash Player – version 7 or higher
- Java Script/Java.
- Ability to receive emails in HTML format.
Ipsos MORI proprietary rights and copyright
You acknowledge and agree that the Hub site, surveys and any necessary software used in connection with the Hub contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property rights and other laws. You also understand and agree that content contained in information presented to you through the Hub may be protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. All product names, whether or not appearing in large print or with the trade mark symbol, are trademarks of Ipsos MORI, its affiliates, related companies or its clients, licensors or joint venture partners, unless otherwise noted.
The use or misuse of these trademarks or any other materials, except as permitted herein, is expressly prohibited and may be in violation of copyright law, trade mark law, the law of slander and libel, the law of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes. Except as expressly authorised by Ipsos, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Panel or the Software, in whole or in part.
If you believe that your work has been copied or used in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide us with the following information:
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorised to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
Any Notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement must be sent to us at the following address: NHS staff feedback hub, Compliance Department, Ipsos MORI UK Limited, 3 Thomas More Square, London E1W 1YW, United Kingdom.
Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying us that your copyrighted material has been infringed.
Limitation of liability
- This research Hub is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Ipsos MORI reserves the right to modify, restrict or withdraw this Community at any time.
- You agree that access to, and use of the Hub and the content available through the Hub is at your own risk to the fullest extent permitted by law and Ipsos MORI accept no liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage you may incur in connection with the use of, your involvement with, or inability to use the Hub or any sites linked to the Hub, including without limitation any liability for loss of income, data or damage of any kind.
- Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through your use of the Hub is done at your own risk, and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss data that results from the download or use of any such material.
- No advice or information obtained from, or via the Hub shall create any warranty not expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions of Membership will be governed by English Law and the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.